Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Rhetorical Analysis

For my rhetorical analysis, I wanted to analyze a text that was written about a political issue. I have begun to gain interest in politics and felt this would be a good way to continue my interests. There are many key issues being hotly debated right now, but one in particular has caught my eye because I feel that it affects my future more than any other, the national deficit.
I chose an article written by Bob Dane called "Why Is Cost Of Illegal Immigration Ignored In Debt Ceiling Debate." I chose this article because Dane offers a possible solution to our national debt by ending the subsidizing of illegal immigrants. I thought it was interesting that Dane was able to intertwine the two very controversial debates into one cohesive argument. I happen to agree with Dane that illegal immigration is an enormous problem in our country and enjoyed reading his article.

No comments:

Post a Comment