Thursday, September 29, 2011

May All Your Days Be Circus Days

I was fortunate enough to see Ball State's production of A Circus in Winter on opening night and was completely blown away. From what I understand, the creation of this musical extravaganza took a total of 2 years to complete, and was helped written by many Ball State students and alums.
I've actually read the book, A Circus in Winter, written by Cathy Day, who actually works here at Ball State. I read it this summer, having been recommended it to me by my brother Andrew, who had to read it his freshman year for one of his classes. I absolutely fell in love with the book and its very heartfelt, touching, adventurous, and emotional stories. I've been waiting to see this musical for a while, and i was not disappointed.
There is so much that i could talk and ramble on about with this musical, but i don't want to spoil anything for anyone that might read this. What i will say is that even if you don't like musicals, this is a musical you don't want to miss. It is so obvious by the set, the actors work, the costumes, and songs that a LOT was put into this. Theres even a gigantic elephant. How can you go wrong with that? The music is infectious and the acting is great. I loved how they incorporated dynamic characters from the book and transitioned it to the stage.
A Circus in Winter is a musical that definitely should not be missed, and i'm not just saying that to get a good grade on this journal. I have no doubt that if you see this musical you will not regret it. And for all the freshman out there, your ticket is free!

No comments:

Post a Comment