Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Composing Arguments

I actually found this chapter of the book very interesting and helpful. The part of the chapter that stood out to me the most was definitely the picture of the homeless people standing in front of the overly positive American advertisement. This is a picture I have seen many times in my life, in different classes in school and in numerous slide shows and books. This picture is so much more than just a random moment caught on film. Every aspect of the piece is planned and thought thoroughly about to make the picture so much more than just a shot. The way the picture is planned out proves a point and makes the viewer see more into the moment of struggle in this case. I really enjoy how this book looks at artistic views into different writing scenarios. I also found the part on the release of soldier death photos extremely interesting. I never knew that this action was banned by our past president. I was surprised by this because we, as Americans, have freedom of speech and should be allowed to say or post anything on our minds, especially when it is just a photo of the truth. We all know what is going on in war overseas and seeing a picture of a soldiers coffin would not be a huge shock to us. The questioning method they used to solve the dilemma of allowing this action or not seemed smart and useful in other problems in life. There was a clear cut way of analyzing things from all angles and coming up with a solution that is in every ones best interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment