Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Gender Identity Disorder in Children

When parents have children many worries come to mind, will they be smart or will they be sick. Rarely do parents worry if their children will have GID, or gender identity disorder. In an article by Richard P. Fitzgibbons, M.D, Gender Identity Disorder in Children he talks about how to prevent and treat this disorder and the problems that arise from it. Not only does he talk about this disorder he brings religion into targeting homosexuals. His Catholic background obviously makes him bias to the subject. He uses the rhetorical triangle to convince his readers.

I chose this subject and article because this disorder interests me, I had learned briefly about it in my psychology class and had seen it on talk shows. The main reason i chose this is because when I worked at a day care I believed one of the boys had this disorder. He used to want to dress up in girl clothes. He wore girl shoes and would cry when the little girls would take the high heels from him. This article was perfect for this topic because of the author's Catholic background, which would make it a rhetorical article.

No comments:

Post a Comment