Tuesday, September 13, 2011

journal enrty 1


After reading chapter one out of Envision I come to realize rhetoric’s is a big part of all citizens’ life. Referring back to the text “once you begin to look at the world rhetorically you’ll see that just about everywhere you are being persuaded to agree, act, but, attend or accept an argument”. This is so true commercials on TV is actually all of that in one so I know everyone at least gets some rhetoric in their life every day. Recognizing the power of rhetoric to persuade is an important part of learning to engage in contemporary society. Being a teenager most of my persuasion comes from peer pressure which could be rhetoric too according to Aristotle, he characterized rhetoric as the ability to discern the means of persuasion in any give situation. Learning football plays all my life I became a visual learner so I like to look at art but I never knew comics or political cartoons had so much meaning to them. After reading the text I’m learning how to take the little things in the picture and turn them big event which the author may want me to consume. When trying to select text analysis try to pick a powerful through your words or image and, make sure you pick one that offers a persuasive point about society or an issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment