Sunday, September 11, 2011

Peer Joy (Jordan Gearhart)

Peer Joy

This week during class, I had the opportunity to read student memoirs. I enjoyed reading the memoirs. I was able to learn new things about each person. I enjoyed the feedback my classmates gave me. During class each of us would pass our memoirs around the table. Each person would fix the mistakes in my paper. This helped my memoir become better. When other people read your paper they can see mistakes that I cannot see. Each person marked on my paper different things. Some students marked things that did not make sense. Others showed me where I need a comma.

After five people reading my paper I saw all of the problems I needed to fix. I was able to go back to my dorm and start working on them. I have learned that the first draft of papers can be a mess. The first draft is just getting down all of your thoughts. After the first draft I was able to go back and start fixing some of the problems in my paper. The second draft is important also. It needs to almost be as good as your final draft. Once the students marked up my paper I saw what I needed to fix. This made my final draft much better. The final draft needs to be perfect or as good as someone can make it. I feel that peer editing is the most important thing in revising your paper. I hope I can always have five or more people read my paper before I turn it in. It has been my favorite thing we have done in class so far. I can already tell a difference in my writing. Peer editing can help each person become a better writer. I was able to see all of my mistakes, and hopefully I do not make the same mistakes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment