Thursday, November 10, 2011

Grade School-High school bullying has many negative effects on a student and can help be lessened with the help of parent/school faculty intervention.


My paper is focused on grade school through high school bullying, why it’s wrong and what can be done to help lessen it. In my paper I talk about many aspects of school bullying and the effects it can have on the student being bullied. Bullying can leave a student feeling frightened, alone and ashamed to say the least. In some cases, bullying can even lead to suicide. Jayme Rodeymeyer’s story is used for my opening my paper as an attention grabber. Jayme hung himself outside his home during the first half of his freshman year. In the second half of my paper, I talk about what needs to be done about it. These things include parent and teacher/faculty intervention. I used a lot of sources that I agreed with in my paper. For example, I agree that teacher and faculty members should implement anti bullying policies. Sometimes I disagree with what some of my sources claim. For example, I don’t think enough is being done to help the cause of bullying in schools.

3 comments:

  1. What do you think should be done to prevent bullying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is being done already with bullying? What different organizations are there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which is a bigger issue....cyber- bullying or bullying face-to-face?!

    ReplyDelete