Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Things That Go Bump In The Night

On Halloween night at 11:00 pm I had the pleasure to see Evil Dead: The Musical in Strother Theatre. Evil Dead: The Musical is based off the Evil Dead Trilogy, three iconic horror films that I haven't seen.
Because I hadn't seen any of the Evil Dead movies, of course I had no idea what to expect. I had heard that it was a spoof off the movies. If any of you know what Strother Theatre looks like inside, it is extremely small. A musical in an extremely enclosed place? I was already wondering how this could be pulled off.
Turns out, it was pulled off very well. Because it was such a small space, they didn't need microphones, and it provided an intimate setting for the audience. I literally felt like I was in 'world' that the musical had created. The musical follows 5 college students who decide to go on vacation in an abandoned cabin in the woods. Sounds like a set up for disaster right? And it is.
The musical was gory, funny, and extremely entertaining. Tickets are still on sale, and there are performances this coming weekend as well. I highly recommend this musical. For those that aren't really in to musicals, definitely see this show. This is not your normal cookie cutter musical. It breaks all the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment