Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Application of Knowledge is Power"

Ken Johnson is an amazing husband, dad, and preacher. He is also very successful in his career. He is the Chaplain (minister) for the Indianapolis Colts. I didn’t know who the speaker was going to be for this session, I just knew that I had to go, and I had my mind set that I was going to very bored. As soon as everyone was seated out of no where Ken Johnson starts singing, and it blew us all away that someone like him would be able to sing that well.
What I learned from him is that “application of knowledge is power” meaning that we can use what we know to get ahead in life. He also told us that great leaders serve, that you have to give back more than you take back, its not about being the best, its about striving to do your best, and excuses are for chumps. He also mentioned that in order to be a leader you have to be organize, be real and true to yourself, take charge, speak from your heart, and just relax; don’t stress yourself out on things that don’t even really matter.
I do think that this session was very beneficial to me as a student. He gave out really good advice about how a true leader is supposed to act and how to become one. The things he told us is information that will help throughout the rest of our lives, not just now.
A change that I would make to make this workshop better is to have it in a bigger place, with slanted seating, but the food was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment