Tuesday, November 1, 2011

CAP Alumni Symposium

On October 28, The College of Architecture and Planning had an all day lecture series. Classes were cancelled and students were encouraged to attend the event. The speakers were alumni of the College of Architecture and Planning. I went to five of the speakers, unfortunately I missed the keynote speaker because of a conflict with class. The first speaker I went to was Cynthia Brown. She graduated in 1986 with a degree in Planning and Development. She talked about how she works in the Middle East and the challenges of working there. The next speaker I saw was Jeff Bone. He spoke about his own firm, Landon Bone Baker Arcitects (LBBA), and their work. His firm does a lot of affordable housing and non-for -profit work. My next speaker was Richard Fetz. He discussed the economics of modern architecture. Second to last, I listened to Richard Moake speak about the importance of hearing what your client wants. Lastly, I listened to Robin Randall, an '86 grad. She talked about three recent projects of hers: an elementary, middle and high school. I learned a lot from the speakers and I'm glad I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment