Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Amazing Taste!

Tonight was The Amazing Taste at the student center. I went with my friend Rebekah. Neither of us knew what to expect.

When we got there, Rebekah almost decided to get coffee, but I told her that she can't live off of coffee and that we should live a little--so that's what we did.

We tried foods from Europe, the Americas (including Chicago dogs), Asia, Africa, The Middle East and Eurasia. Fun trivia fact!

Did you know that Russia is the only country that lies on two continents? That's what

Anyhow, the food was pretty good. Some of the stuff I liked and some of the stuff I didn't like. I don't really like Asian food--it's too spicy and has too many vegetables. I like European food... and I felt a tad bit like a "Brit" while eating "fish and chips."

I tried some odd Vietnamese soup called Pho soup. It had a peculiar taste, but some girl who was in front of me who was actually from Asia told me to put some Chile in my soup. It made it taste ten times better! Also, I tried Bubble Tea from Taiwan. It was pretty good... except the "bubbles" at the bottom. They were like pearls and when you sucked them up through your straw, it was like a burst of yogurt in your mouth. A little too exotic for my taste.

But all and all, I had a really good time and I am glad that I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment