Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Regards From the Nest. Chirp Chirp.

A few weeks ago, I was only focused on college football. Then, I saw a glorious sign. “BSU Basketball Fanfest”. Finally. I am a huge basketball fan and was ready for the season to tip off. So I decided to attend this event to get myself excited for the upcoming men’s basketball season. I threw on some BSU merch that evening and I walked over to Worthen Arena. What I saw was awesomely promising. There was a nice line where you could grab your new poster for the upcoming season. I waited in line and was eventually greeted by a large red person. Yes, THE Charlie Cardinal and his obnoxiously large yellow feet waddled over and gave me a big high five. With my excitement level at an all time high, I waited in line. What is better than a large cartoon Cardinal? A large cartoon piece of pizza perhaps? I saw yes. After Charlie left and piece of pizza came over and handed me a coupon. He was a promotion with Papa John’s (Ball State Alumni). Well this has taken a turn for the weird. So without any more cartoon interruptions, I got my poster. Then I didn’t see much else to do. As I got prepared to leave I see head coach Billy Taylor. I don’t know coach Taylor personally, but my brother does. My brother played on the team hear from 2007-2009. So I went up and introduced myself and told him I was excited to watch the team this year. He was delighted to talk with me and catch up on what my brother was up to. After that, I walked through the tunnel that the cheerleaders were making and was on my way. All in all a very fun time. I suggest if you have never been to watch the men’s team play, run by sometime. They will be taking on 2-time National Runner Up Butler on Saturday at 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment