Thursday, December 1, 2011

Peace in Congo

Sean changed me and made me want to help. Falling Whistle founder Sean Carasso came to Emens at Ball State, and gave a speech about Falling Whistles. I was able to go with some of my friends We made sure to get there early. We left an hour before it was going to begin, and I was about to be number 35 out of the thousand of people that went. When he came out and began to talk to us, he seemed like he was just another one of my friends. He started out talking about what we are interested in and wanted to learn about us; before he told us all about his life.


He told the audience all about how Falling Whistles got started, and how he wanted peace in the Congo. He went over to give away shoes with the TOMS foundation, and just happened to find out about the war in the Congo, and how the small children were dying. The kids to young to carry guns would blow whistles and hit pots and pans to make the enemies notice and kill them. They then would act as shields of the people “on their side.”


When Sean got home he wanted everyone to know about what was going on in the Congo. She started Falling Whistles out of nothing, with the help of a few friends. You wear the whistle to show that you also want peace in Congo, and will spread the word about this to everyone. After learning all about Falling Whistles, I wanted to own my own whistle, and tell everyone about what I had just heard. I strongly encourage everyone to learn more about Falling Whistles.

No comments:

Post a Comment