Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Class Review

I decided to watch our class today during or multimedia project peer review. I thought today would be an interesting day to watch because only half the class had to present, and the other half of the class was 'taking notes', at 8:00 in the morning. What I saw didn't surprise me at all. I found that the people who were up to give their presentations today were not ready and took quite a bit of time in the beginning of class to get things put together last minute. I also found that when they were presenting, one person did most of the talking while the other hung around the back half asleep. This was the same for both groups who went today! As for the students, they were all dead. Not one single student I looked at in the class today was giving their full attention to those presenting. We were told to take notes, and the most I saw were three or four lines written on a paper in chicken scratch handwriting, hardly enough to recap what we just saw. In the end, our class didn't do what was asked and instead, we took the easy, sleepy way out.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting view on the class period today. A few questions/comments I would like to bring to your attention:
    1) How were the groups today not prepared? I'm interested to hear your answer. The first group had multiple hand outs and the second group had a prepared video that experienced technical difficulty.
    2) In regards to your comment about the students taking notes. Did you actually take notes about what the groups were presenting? The content? Or are you actually a member of this group of "dead" students?
    If you did take notes please e-mail then to me (jgclawson@bsu.edu)
    3) How did the class not do what was asked of it? We were asked to "peer review" the 2 group presentations. If you go on the 2 posts made by the groups today you will see numerous comments about their presentations today and constructive (which is more than I can say for this post you have made) comments on how to improve their projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For one, this wasn't a blog attacking anyone like you are right now... It's just what I saw this morning when I was watching the class. It was early, we were tired, things didn't get done as well as they could have/ flow overly smoothly. That's all I'm saying. And thank you for comment on my "less than constructive post", completely necessary.

    ReplyDelete