Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Peer Editing and Research Assignment

Today is October 11, 2011 and it was my day to write about what happen in class. During class today we covered many different topics. At the beginning we got into groups of four and peer edited our rhetorical analysis paper. Our second draft was due today at the beginning of class. Everybody had a hard copy of their paper in class today. Each student was able to pass their paper around to three other students to peer edit. I enjoy being able to read and edit other student’s papers. I also appreciate when students peer edit my paper because it makes me see my mistakes. Our final draft is due this Thursday on October 13. When I received my paper back I was able to see some of my mistakes that I made. I let numerous students edit my paper within the past few weeks. Letting people peer edit my paper helps me receive a better grade.

After, peer editing today Mrs. Evans showed the class a power point over our next assignment. Our next assignment is a research argument essay. I am excited to do this assignment. My favorite types of papers to write are research argument essays. I find research papers to be interesting and fun to write. While writing a research paper the writer is able to put in his or her own emotion towards the writing. I learn the most when I write research papers. The reason I learn so much is because when writing a research paper you are forced to have many different sources. Having the opportunity to look at different sources, I am able to find various facts on a topic. Your evidence must be creditable and accurate when writing a research paper. Students can find information at the library, online, or interviews. I personally like having all different kinds of sources in my writings. I want my paper to be believable and have correct facts. Today’s class was helpfully in two different ways. First the peer editing process helped improve my paper, and the power point helped me understand the research assignment more clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment