Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Morning Person

I hate waking up early, and I think everyone in my 8am English class would feel the same. As I rush to get ready in the morning and to class I wonder, why did I sign up for such an early class. When I finally make it to RB 292, on the day of September 27, like always only a few people are talking. When exactly 8am comes around the class quickly begins. A few announcements our made, and questions are answered.

Next, after the regular morning, we learn something new. This day we learned how to make a work cited page. We learned the difference between MLA and APA. We all learned different things about citing different resources. We all then had to cite our information we have for out rhetorical paper we are all working on. A helpful site to use to help with MLA was Purdue Owl.

When most everyone was done citing his or her papers we moved on to fallacies. A fallacy is a deceptive, misleading, or false notion, belief, etc. There were six groups and in each group had two fallacies. My group ended up getting the red herring fallacy, and stacking the evidence. I have dealt with fallacies before, but not these two. I learned that red hearing is using misleading or unrelated evidence to support your conclusion. Stacked Evidence only represents only one side of the issue. After every group went and we learned about all the different fallacies, class time had run out. We all said goodbye and were reminded that we did not have class for a week, because of the conferences we all scheduled. When everyone left they were reminded of another 8am class on the 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment