Friday, October 21, 2011

Library Scavenger Hunt

On Thursday, we had a library work shop to help us on our next research paper. The lab was very informative. I learned how to search for books, pin point my searches, and how to look up journal articles in the journal article data base from the comfort of my own room.

Before the library work shop, though, we were asked to fill out a paper by doing a library scavenger hunt. I found the scavenger hunt to be very helpful. It helped me become more familiar with the library and where to look when I need to find something.

The library scavenger hunt was a set of ten questions that you needed to fill out while scurrying through the library and a set of five questions that you needed to fill out on the internet card catalog.

Going into this scavenger hunt, I felt the assignment to be rather pointless. But as I was walking through the library filling out this paper, I realized the significance of this assignment. I didn’t know how to search for something in Bracken Library. It’s filled with a lot of reference books, but I found that there are children books and there is a music library. I found that to be rather neat, and I think I can see myself going to those sections in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment